2.21.2013

Creamy Raspberry Sriracha Dip

I am a dip fanatic.  It occurred to me that in all my days of eating meat, it was pretty much always all about the sauces that coated them.  So in my new vegan life, I decided that if I can have the dip, I can definitely do without the animal that used to be underneath it.  This sauce is pretty spicy but you can tone it down by adding less Sriracha to suit your taste preference.

Creamy Raspberry Sriracha Dip
1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise (I like Vegannaise)
1/8 cup raspberry preserves
1 Tablespoon Sriracha (use 1 teaspoon if you don't like it spicy)
1 small clove garlic (optional)
Salt and Pepper to taste

Whisk ingredients up and put into a bowl.  Taste test for seasoning level.  Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to use.  

Serving suggestion:  pairs well with french fries, as a sandwich spread or coated on fried tofu or seitan.

Makes about 3/4 cup.





No comments:

Post a Comment