5.15.2013

Rosemary Garlic Pita Chips

This recipe can be as easy or as complicated as you like depending on how much time you have to prepare these.  By this I mean you can whip them up in a flash using store bought pita pockets (white or wheat) or take the long route (like I did) and make them from pita pockets you have made from scratch.

They are better than store bought pita chips because you can control your seasoning level and you know what it is them.

Rosemary Garlic Pita Chips
6-8 Pita Pockets (sliced into desired size)
Generous drizzle of Olive Oil (or preferred oil)
2 Sprigs Fresh Rosemary (stems removed)
2-4 Cloves Fresh Garlic (crushed)
Salt and Pepper To Taste

In a large bowl drizzle pita pieces with oil and sprinkle with garlic and spices.  Toss to ensure mixture is well coated.  I like to use my hands to do this as it is the best kitchen tool I have.  Distribute pita into one even layer on a cookie sheet (use parchment paper for easy clean up) and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and crisp all throughout.  Serve warm or allow to cool and store in airtight container for up to 5 days.  Pairs well with hummus and red wine.

Chef note:  If you want to be adventurous and have the time try making your own pita pockets using the following recipe:


To keep the recipe vegan, for my purposes, I substituted the honey with raw blue agave syrup and used powdered soy milk in place of the powdered milk.  I also use this recipe to make English Muffins.  It is so versatile.  Enjoy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment