6.10.2013

Kitchen Sink Burgers

It is Summer Time and around my house that means things like burgers are a mainstay.  So I decided I better get to work on making some new veggie tofu burgers with my own twist.  I am calling these kitchen sink burgers because I put everything but the ... In them... Well you get the idea.  I didn't measure my asian seasonings so you can season them any way you see fit.  Just don't skimp on the salt.  Nothing worse than a flavorless patty.  Let me know what you come up with.  Mine turned out Ah-Mazing.... Just Sayin!  Toodles.


Kitchen Sink Burgers
1 cup spinach (raw)
1/2 can black beans
1/2 cup raw cashews
1/4 cup panko
1/4 cup cooked rice
1/2 cup vital wheat gluten
1/2 cup nutritional yeast
6 ounces tofu (pre marinated)
1 carrot (pre sauteed)
4 broccoli crowns (pre sauteed)
Splash red wine
Splash olive oil
Asian seasoning blend (dried minced onion, soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, salt, pepper, sambal)

Combine all in food processor and form very thin patties.  Bake for 1 hour on parchment paper at 250 Degrees F.  Serve immediately or chill and reheat in oven or saute pan.




No comments:

Post a Comment