1.14.2014

Vegan Taco Bell Salad


Oh Taco Bell, how you tempt me so!  I have always loved you.  What I really love about you though?!  One word, SAUCE.  This  is why I always stock up on a lions share of your sauce packets, to stock my pantry of course.  I've tried the stuff in the bottle from the grocery store but it's not the same.

Fortunately for vegans, Taco Bell actually has some decent options.  Just avoid the meat and dairy and you are pretty safe.  That is, if you eat fast food.  Of course, I, like most folks, try to keep fast food intake to a minimum but when the craving strikes, Taco Bell gets my money.

This is not a promotional blog post about Taco Bell, although it does feel like that.  Let's proceed to my favorite fast lunch, homemade Vegan Taco Bell Salad.  If you know anything about me, you know I was Mexican in a former life.  Here goes:

Vegan Taco Bell Salad - serves 2
4 Cups Green Leaf Lettuce (hand torn)
1 Cup Cooked and Cooled Pinto Beans (homemade or canned is okay)
1 Cup Tortilla Chips (multicolored or flavored is fine)
1 Ripe Avocado
1 Tablespoon Vegenaise
1/4 Cup Salsa (homemade or jarred is okay)
2 teaspoons Nutritional Yeast
4-6 Taco Bell Sauce Packets (mild, hot and/or fire) optional

Tear up lettuce, chop Avocado, spoon on salsa, vegenaise and yeast, crush up tortilla chips, toss in a bowl and plate as desired.  Pictured prior to crushing chips and tossing altogether because it looked prettier.  This salad is also great with the addition of diced onion and chopped cilantro, I just didn't have any on hand.  Be sure to serve immediately or the chips will loose their CRUNCH.  Yum.  Eat.  Repeat.  Save your money and just grab some sauce packets.  Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment