4.01.2013

My First Easter Without Ham

Ham has always been a staple food come Easter.  This year I ate none.  Luckily for me and my boys my fabulous neighbors invited us over for a shindig where they had ham and lots of other yummy offerings.  The days leading up to Easter I had already figured I probably wasn't going to bake a ham.  Even though I am still preparing meat for my family, I didn't want to make a ham because in years past I usually ate most of it anyway.  My first Easter without ham, mission accomplished.

One of my favorite aspects of My New Vegan Life is discovering that I actually like the alternatives more than some of the original animal based products.  First example, Vegenaise.  Now I had tasted plenty of Veganaise prior to making the switch but now it is a whole new experience.  Let me share with you that when it comes to Mayonnaise, I am a complete snob and cannot believe I am even saying I think I like Vegenaise better than the real thing but, I do.  Wow!  Their advertisement logo "Better than Mayo" is actually true!  My latest tofu burger slathered in it was so delicious.  I'm looking forward to trying it in some of my new vegan recipes.  Vegan ranch dressing anyone?!

I am very proud of myself for sticking to my new way of eating and living.  I truly believe I have stumbled upon something that is profound and it is clear my life will never be the same.  I'm still not going to stand on rooftops and preach being vegan, but for this former omnivore, I can say it's working miracles.  I'm looking forward to continued success on my new path.

Happy Easter Everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Thrilled to be reading chumbutt blog this evening and eyeing what your eyes are tasting now, sister! You grow more astounding every minute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robyn,

    Thank you so much for your heartfelt compliment. Your unending love and support mean the world to me.

    Yours,
    Chumbutt aka Ace

    ReplyDelete