6.17.2013

Chili Kale Tacos with White Rice Drizzle

Ok I know what you are thinking, White Rice?!  That isn't on my "healthy" list of foods to eat.  Ok no problem, feel free to make your Drizzle using brown rice, just don't bark at me if it doesn't come out looking as creamy and stunning as mine! Ok I admit it, I am totally bragging.  Not because my tacos were all that, I mean they were but that isn't where I'm going with this.  It's all about the Drizzle!  So let's do this.  Take out that cup of cooked white rice sitting in your fridge and put it in your blender along with a few other things.  Use as replacement for mayo, sour cream, salad dressings, fruit topping, use your imagination.  It's the Bees Knees.

White Rice Drizzle
1/2 cup precooked white jasmine rice
1/2 cup canola or olive oil
1/2 cup rice milk
Salt and Pepper to Taste
Juice of 1 Lemon
Dash of yellow mustard*optional
Dash of prepared horseradish*optional

Blend at high speed, scraping down sides at regular intervals to ensure mixture is fully incorporated.  Taste for seasoning level and if it seems too thick (it should be pourable) add a bit more rice milk as needed.  Make sure to blend until it is completely smooth.  Store for up to 1 week in an airtight glass vessel.  I have enjoyed using this on salads, sandwiches and as pictured, even on tacos.  Let me know how you like this creamy, soy-free, delight.  Happy Summer!





No comments:

Post a Comment