3.13.2013

Figuring out my Coffee

By far one of the most challenging aspects to my new vegan life has been not having real half n half in my coffee. However, I have not given in. I did try a non-dairy creamer (rod's brand) just for the heck of it. I pitched it because the partially hydrogentated oils were not sitting in my system well. Never again!

So far my favorite is a combination of original coconut creamer and unsweetened soy creamer. I find it gives me the depth of richness I desire without adding unwelcomed sweetness.

I am finding myself going a little overboard on carb heavy snacks like pretzels and popcorn. My new approach will be to do more kale chips and more juicing. As much as I adore snacking on raw veggies, my chronic TMJ gets in the way.

I tried adding asparagus and fennel to my juice mixes and love the results. Next up will be to get a nut milk bag and experiment with making some of my own creamers for my beloved coffee. For now I am keeping my cheese addiction in check with the discovery of Daiya brand. Thank you Vegan community for that suggestion!!!

So far my Hump day is off to a very good start! It is sunny in beautiful San Francisco and I am feeling my transformation continue. I'll post some new recipes for all of you very soon. In the meantime, stay well and show the people you love how much they mean to you. You just never know what could happen tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment