4.22.2013

Fat Vegans and Skinny Bitches

What did the Fat Vegan say to the Skinny Bitch?  Let's EAT.  I love the paradox.  All Vegans are definitely not skinny and anyone who thinks they are is just plain wrong.  Sure, I have only been vegan for a couple months but I know food and I know that vegan food is just as fattening and delicious as anything laden with meat and dairy.  This actually makes me VERY happy because one thing I swore when I switched to vegan was that I better damn well be satisfied after every meal.  And I am.  So much so that I'm having to limit myself because the creations rolling out of my kitchen are just so delicious.  Some super fattening, creamy, buttery and dare I say, cheesy - it's easy to overindulge.

If you want to lose weight the formula is pretty simple.  Consume less calories than you are expending on a daily basis and get some exercise, even if it is just a little each day.  If you have read my early blog posts then you know that one of my motivations for making the switch to veganism was health reasons and certainly related to losing weight.  However, I know that when it comes to wanting to lose ALL the weight I want to, it's going to take more discipline than just eating whole grains and a plant-based diet.  Darn.  Oh well, it's all good.  I've never been happier with the food that I am eating.  To date, I have lost 15 pounds.  I'd like to lose another 40.  I'll keep you posted on my progress.  Let's just say I'm not doing anything crazy to lose the weight.  I love food too much.  It's just a fact.

So, Skinny Bitch, it's nice to meet you, I'm a Fat Vegan.  What's for dinner?




No comments:

Post a Comment